The AHRD Graduate Student Outstanding Paper Award is given to the student author(s) of outstanding scholarly papers published in the annual Conference Proceedings of the Academy of Human Resource Development for the same year.
This award is managed internally. Contact the Chair for more information.
Chair: Karen Johnson
Award Decisions to the Office: All awards winners are due back to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday – January 13, 2021 at 5:00pm Central time.
- Award winners must be current members of the Academy of Human Resource Development.
- Award winners must be enrolled in a graduate program at the time of submission to the AHRD conference.
- The paper must be a refereed full manuscript submission authored solely by graduate students. It may be co-authored with other, currently-enrolled students (at time of submission) but cannot be co-authored with a faculty member.
- The paper must be based on research conducted by the student and have been accepted for presentation at the conference. Award nominees and winners must commit to presenting their accepted papers at the conference.
- The paper may be conceptual, empirical, theoretical, and/or methodological in nature.
- Nominees will be evaluated through a committee review process across the following criteria:
- contribution to the field of HRD (25%);
- quality of research (25%);
- quality of writing (25%); and
- potential impact of the applicant’s work on the field of HRD (25%).
- When submitting a full manuscript to the conference, there is an option to indicate that all authors are current students and members of AHRD. All full manuscripts with an indication of student member authorship will be eligible for award consideration upon acceptance to the conference.
- Selection by the current Conference Program Team, AHRD Board Awards Chair, plus two additional AHRD Board Members.
« Back to the Awards Page