Scope of Quantitative Research Methods SIG Activities
To Quantitative Research Methods SIG works to:
- Contribute to accomplishing the AHRD mission and vision of "leading the HRD profession through research.”
- Strengthen the Academy’s impact on the field of HRD.
- Increase the practice of Quantitative Research Methods within the membership of the Academy.
- Support networking of those interested in Quantitative Research Methods.
- Inform the design and development of quantitative research methods.
- Develop knowledge of quantitative research methods for scholars and practitioners with various levels of expertise.
The Quantitative Research Methods Special Interest Group’s key tasks are to:
- Coordinate at least one activity to coincide with the AHRD International Research Conference in the Americas.
- Establish and maintain a SIG listserv to foster networking, discussion, and learning for the SIG members.
- Establish and maintain a SIG website and discussion board within the AHRD website to promote SIG visibility and awareness.
- Design, coordinate, and promote activities within AHRD that are intended to meet the needs of Quantitative Research Methods in the Academy.
- Spearhead and champion publications and conference contributions that focus on Quantitative Research Methods.
- Communicate with the board and general membership regarding Quantitative Research Methods, as appropriate.