AHRD India SIG September 5, 2013 Webinar
Date: Thursday, Sept. 5th, 2013
Expatriate Perspectives on Global Leadership and Leading across the Boundaries of India and US
View the September 5, 2013 Webcast recording
This webcast will discuss scholar and practitioner perspectives on cross-cultural leadership competencies that are critical for operating in a global environment. Our invited panelists Allen Meyer, Nitin Malik and Joanna Engstrom will share their experiences of operating in a culture different from their own. In addition, they will also share their views of effective leadership in two very different cultures (U.S. and India) and the accompanying opportunities and challenges to help us develop a richer understanding of the leadership process. In addition to these practitioner insights, we present preliminary findings from an ongoing study on this topic. We combine practitioner insights with theory and research to discuss ways for identifying a wide range of HRD initiatives for the global workplace.
Joanna Engstrom, Manager, Customer Support, Logic Information Systems Inver Grove Heights, MN
- Speaker Bio: Joanna Engstrom has managed global customer support teams delivering 24/7 technical support in United States, United Kingdom, Egypt, and India. She has many years experience developing training and mentoring programs, addressing escalations and overall customer satisfaction for Fortune 500 companies. Currently she works as manager – customer support for Login Information systemsInver Grove Heights in Minneapolis
Allen Meyer, Senior Director, Oracle Retail Global Business Unit, MN
- Speaker Bio: Allen Meyer is currently Senior Director, Retail Solutions Services at Oracle Retail Global Business Unit in Minneapolis. He is an accomplished executive with over twenty year’s experience in the Information Systems industry with a verifiable record of delivering enhanced productivity, streamlined operations, and improved financial performance; a global leader with a strong entrepreneurial spirit and proven talent for transitioning strategy into success.
- Email Address: email@example.com
Nitin Malik, Director - Customer Strategy and Pricing, Cardinal Health, OH.
Action Learning - A Powerful New Tool for Developing Leaders, Solving Problems, Building Teams and Transforming Organizations
- Speaker Bio: A trusted advisor to Fortune 500 senior executives with over ten years of consulting and industry experience Nitin has served a distinctive portfolio of companies (Cardinal Health, Ecolab, Land O’Lakes, Schwan Food Company, Target, USPS, Walker Arts Center, etc.,), advised C-level executives and led large, cross-functional teams.
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Date: May 2009
Presenter: Michael J. Marquardt, The George Washington University
Length: 62 minutes
Action learning is not only an effective problem solving process but also has been valuable to a growing number of organizations worldwide as a powerful tool for developing leaders, teams, and organizations. This webcast explores the six essential components for successful action learning programs as well as the steps and processes of implementing action learning. Successful application of action learning in companies such as Microsoft, General Electric, Siemens, Caterpillar, Samsung, and Boeing as well as with universities and government agencies are described.