The Laura Bierema Excellence in Critical HRD Award will seek to honor a critical HRD scholar or practitioner who has demonstrated research and activism with impact in HRD. The award aims to acknowledge those scholars and HRD professionals who actively challenge field and industry norms while advancing important social justice perspectives and principles.
Chair, Joshua C. Collins
- Important article(s) – Published articles that advance important CHRD theories and concepts, actively challenging norms and advancing alternatives for practice.
- Citations – Published work has received substantial citations or references, either in number or measured by quality/importance to the field.
- Important book(s) – Published book has advanced important CHRD theories and concepts, actively challenging norms and advancing alternatives for practice.
- Dissertations chaired – Dissertations chaired have been framed within CHRD and contributed to the CHRD dialogue in a meaningful way.
- Engaged scholarship – “the collaboration between academics and individuals outside the academy - knowledge professionals and the lay public (local, regional/state, national, global) - for the mutually beneficial exchange of knowledge and resources in a context of partnership and reciprocity” (New England Resource Center for Higher Education, para. 1).
- New practices/interventions – Individual has actively sought to develop and implement critical and social justice HRD practices.
- Policies – Individual has actively engaged in developing and implementing critical and social justice HRD policies in organizational settings.
- Engaged practice – “seeks to facilitate a more active and engaged democracy by bringing affected publics into problem-solving work in ways that advance the public good with and not merely for the public” (New England Resource Center for Higher Education, para. 1).
Nomination packet to include
- Name of nominee
- Contact information (title, address, email, telephone)
- Short narrative on how the person has impacted critical HRD, considering the criteria for the award
- CV or resume
- Tonette S. Rocco, Florida International University
- Jamie Callahan, Drexel University