Why Should You Become a Member/Affiliate of the Academy?
The Academy of Human Resource Development (AHRD) is a global organization made up of, governed by, and created for the Human Resource Development academic and scholarly community.
Human Resource Development as a subject area brings together a diverse community of people interested in training, workplace learning, adult education, organizational learning and performance, OD, career development, and other people development growth topics. AHRD is a family of academics, practitioners and students who share the same passion for Human Resource Development, and for improving it through research. AHRD has almost 500 members from 39 countries. All find something very special about AHRD – it is a professional home, a network, a place to learn and share, a place to publish and present, and a place to meet others who share their passion for HRD.
As a member, you will receive:
- Opportunities to advance the field of HRD through the work of the Academy
- An online subscription to all four (4) Academy-sponsored scholarly journals
- Advances in Developing Human Resources
- Human Resource Development International
- Human Resource Development Quarterly
- Human Resource Development Review
- Participation in 2 Special Interest Groups (SIGs)
- Subscription to the monthly on-line newsletter, The Digest
- Reduced rates on the annual AHRD International Research Conference in The Americas
- Opportunities for professional publishing and research dissemination
- Opportunities to meet, collaborate, and socialize with other scholars in HRD
Meet the Board