The Call for Submissions deadline has passed.
» Download the 2017 Conference Call for Submissions for complete information (PDF)
» Click Here to Access Your Submission(s)
» Suggested Non-Refereed Submission Template Form
The Academy of Human Resource Development (AHRD) exists to encourage the systematic study of Human Resource Development (HRD) theories, processes, and practices; to disseminate information about HRD; to encourage the application of HRD research findings; and to provide opportunities for social interaction among individuals with scholarly and professional interests in HRD from multiple disciplines and from across the globe. AHRD’s vision is "Leading Human Resource Development through Research.”
The 24th annual conference will include leading scholars and senior-level practitioners reporting their cutting-edge research and practice. The program will be comprised of blind, peer-reviewed submissions that offer a diverse range of topics, perspectives, and research paradigms. In addition, the conference will include several types of non-refereed sessions that provide excellent opportunities for bringing together conference participants to engage in generative learning through both formal and informal interactions about topics of mutual interest. AHRD is an inclusive organization and invites all those who are interested in the field, no matter where they are on their scholarly journey.
AHRD is celebrating its 24th Annual Conference in 2017
March 2 - 4, 2017 (Thurs – Sat)
February 28 - March 2, 2017 (Tues – Thurs)
The Academy of Human Resource Development welcomes submissions from all academic fields and disciplines that focus on workplace and organizational learning, performance, change, and related issues and challenges.
Conference tracks for this year are:
- Workplace Learning
- Organization Development and Change
- International, Global & Cross Cultural Issues
- Leadership and Career Development
- Critical, Social Justice, and Diversity Perspectives in HRD
- HRD Performance and Strategy
- Technology, E-Learning & Virtual HRD
- Assessment and Evaluation
- Research Methods and Foundations in HRD
Submissions are submitted to particular tracks to help to manage the review process. Track. Chairs serve a critical leadership role to ensure the integrity and consistency of the tracks.
Important Notes, Dates and Deadlines
Final (NO EXTENSIONS) submission deadline for manuscripts.
October 17, 2016
Decision notifications to authors.
December 2, 2016
Final, camera-ready submissions due.
January 4, 2017
Call for Session Chair volunteers.
March 2-4, 2017
Conference (with pre-conference activities February 28-March 2, 2017).
All submissions must be submitted online on the AHRD website by the dates specified:
- Submission system opening date: July 1, 2016.
- Submission closing date: September 6, 2016, 11:59 pm PST.
These dates are firm, and no extensions will be granted.
All authors must attest that the submission complies with articles outlined in the Representation of Authorship and Agreement as to Publication of Materials. All authors will verify this in the submission system and not on a separate form. The terms of the Representation of Authorship and Agreement as to Publication of Materials are available below:
REPRESENTATION OF AUTHORSHIP AND AGREEMENT AS TO PUBLICATION OF MATERIALS
- I represent and warrant that the refereed full paper manuscripts that I have submitted to AHRD for presentation at the 2017 International Research Conference in the Americas (March 2-4, 2017) (the "Work”) are original to and authored by me (and any co-authors) and are appropriately attributed.
- I further represent and warrant that, at the time of submission to the conference, the entire Work has not been published elsewhere (e.g. in a journal or at another conference). This excludes Work based on dissertations and theses published by a university or college.
- I further represent to the best of my knowledge that the Work does not contain material that infringes or violates any personal property rights of others or that constitutes defamation, invasion of privacy, an infringement of the intellectual property right of any third person, or that is otherwise unlawful.
- If requested by AHRD, I agree to provide AHRD with pertinent non-confidential source materials for the purpose of pre-publication review for accuracy, authorship and libel or for the purpose of any post-publication investigation deemed necessary by AHRD arising from the publication of the Work.
- It is understood that AHRD shall have no obligation to publish the Work.
- Accepted manuscripts or abstracts in the refereed full manuscript category will be published online in limited release, and only conference registrants will have access to the conference proceedings. This is aligned with APA’s policy of “limited circulation’; and thus, AHRD believes this does not interfere with authors submitting their work for publication to a journal in the future according to APA’s standards (sections 1.10 and 6.02). However, authors should always be transparent with publishers about any prior publication.
- Accepted submissions will be published if and only if both of the following two conditions are met:
- Acceptance of a final, camera-ready submission (including all correct APA formatting) by the Track Chair by December 2, 2016.
- At least one author of each accepted submission is registered for the Conference by December 26, 2016.
Authors must be able to present at any time during the conference (8 am until 5 pm March 2-4, 2017). The presentation schedule, as well as presentation guidelines, will be available on the Conference Central website approximately six weeks before the conference.
Online Conference registration will be available in October/November!